Intellify’s 2021 Graduate Program – Data Science & Data Engineering Streams
Learn from some of Australia’s leading data science and machine learning engineering professionals and forge a career creating state-of-the-art solutions for a diverse range of corporate and Government clients.
Applying for Intellify’s Graduate Program 2021
If you wish to take the next step in your career working and learning with the best, in a rapidly growing leader in the ML consulting space in support of large Australian companies, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- Cover letter
- Your preference of the Data Engineering or Data Science stream
- Details (up to 250 words) of a data engineering or data science project involving software engineering principles and CI/CD that you have developed or delivered previously, on your own, or as part of a team.
Intellify is at the forefront of an exciting new breed of Data Science and Machine Learning engineering companies. Consulting to medium and large clients across Finance, Utilities, Telecommunications, Resources, and Government sectors among others, we help customers harness Machine Learning to grow exponentially, operate more efficiently and build competitive advantage. Our team of 20 consists of leading data scientists, machine learning engineers and consultants using advanced techniques and the world’s most advanced ML cloud platforms to create state-of-the-art solutions. As AWS’s Partner of the Year for Data, Analytics and Machine Learning 2019, and one of the few AWS Machine Learning Competency Partners in Australia-Pacific, we have the ability to scale our solutions to any requirement.
We’re looking for grads who are curious, committed, and passionate about data science and machine learning. Our people are our greatest asset and we aim to give them the experience, training, support, and mentorship to develop as a true machine learning professional.
Being customer obsessed means we have high standards for our work with some of Australia’s leading companies, and as a result we are after graduates who already have some experience with data engineering or data science, especially on cloud platforms like AWS or Azure. Your experience could be from a university or personal project you’ve worked on, an internship, or previous work experience. Convey to us your passion for machine learning and data science and we will develop both your technical and consulting expertise with challenging real-world projects in a collaborative team environment.
Your Future at Intellify
We are a young company but a hungry one, winning awards and earning our spot amongst the rare few AWS Machine Learning Competency Partners in only our second year of operation. Our clients have included some of the biggest names in Australia. No two projects you consult on will be the same, and you get the benefit of learning from some of the best and brightest in data science and machine learning.
Being a part of either the Data Science or Data Engineering Graduate Program streams, you will receive:
- Real responsibility in projects with an impact
- Career and skills development for your time with us
- Rotation through a number of client projects
- Cross training within your discipline (upskill in both areas, specialize in one)
- Opportunities to gain certifications from AWS to further enhance your skills and resume
- Flexible working – work from our central Sydney office, home, or client offices
- Regular social, networking, and professional development events with the team!
The Graduate Program - What’s Involved
Candidates will start from February 2021 in both our Data Science and Data Engineering Streams.
- The program runs over 12 months
- Elect to specialise in either Data Science or Data Engineering, our two main consulting branches within Intellify
- Set and achieve personal and professional goals with the help of your mentor
- Rotate through a number of different projects. These could be as diverse as forecasting for a national energy utility, determining customer segments for a large online retailer, secondment to a telecommunications company, or ingestion and analysis of health data to help enable medical research and decision making
- Receive industry-leading training and work on at least one additional certification from one of the key vendors in this space – AWS, Microsoft, Databricks
- Develop both your client-facing and technical skills
- Engage with the broader community of Data Engineers and Data Scientists through attendance at Intellify-run Meetups and training events, and industry events and conferences
The Program is varied and challenging and will require candidates who are dynamic in their thinking, quick learners, as well as willing to explore new data engineering technologies and data science modalities in the context of consulting.
What you will be doing in the Program
- Work within and learn from a team of professional data scientists and engineers
- Rotate between training and real experience supporting a number of client projects
- Get access to some of the specialised AWS Partner Network certification pathways
- Securing, architecting, building, and managing modern data architectures to enable analytics/data science
- Designing, building, and managing data pipelines and ETL jobs
- Creating ETL scripts via SQL/HiveQL/SparkSQL
- Design and implement machine learning pipelines
- Automate data pipeline and reporting processes
- Design and implement sustainable data lake architectures
- Design and build data ingestion solutions to import data from a variety of enterprise data sources
- Build data expertise and data quality for pipelines you build
Data Science OR Data Engineering streams
- Data science, computer science, robotics, maths, statistics, physics, software engineering or related degree
Remember this is just the start of our collaboration together to build your career and skills, but we will engage you real project work early as we know this builds competence faster than mere theory. So if you’ve got any of the following make sure to let us know:
- Any certification from a cloud vendor eg AWS, Microsoft Azure, DataBricks, Talend, Teradata, Tableau, SAP, Oracle, MS SQL etc
- Examples of a data science or data engineering project you’ve completed either at uni, in your own time, or at a previous role/internship
- Project management or consulting from uni projects, volunteering, work experience – especially as a team leader or manager
- Experience with data visualisation tools or frameworks i.e. Tableau, Qlik, etc.
Data Engineering stream
- Some experience of applied data engineering with a focus on software engineering and solution architecture;
- Experience working with cloud technologies.
- This could be through university or personal projects, internships, or previous work experience.
Data Science stream
- Strong Python or R programming experience and related data science libraries (such as scikit-learn, Pandas, Tensorflow/Keras);
- Strong SQL database and code versioning (e.g. Git) skills;
- Good software engineering principles.
We value integrity, learning, innovation, respect, and understanding of both clients and each other. We aim to foster a collaborative environment, where all ideas are listened to – and each staff member has the opportunity to develop. We offer opportunities for up-skilling within your area, as well as the chance to learn from other professionals across the business. You will gain exposure to many different aspects of the business – from consulting, to pre-sales, to service delivery. We work hard, but we also like to recognise our staff and enjoy the social time as a group with regular outings.